November 13, 2019, 09:28:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Membership Currently Closed.

Boards Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The American Pledge of Allegiance! Recorded by  (Read 16266 times)
Ronald L. Hughes

« on: April 26, 2010, 12:16:56 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM

This is how my generation (at least most of us I suppose) and those prior to mine, consider America and our Pledge!

Regards,

Ron

"Most of history is bunk"  Henry Ford
Mork

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »

As a wee little one, I remember watching Red on TV. He states the pledge in the two versions that represented his century. It's not the subtle change that was added but the realization of its absence in today's world that disturbed me most. Today's world in the USA seems more focused on culturalism over being an American. It seems more focused on individual entitlements than respect towards others and honor towards one's self. A couple of days ago, I watched the classic movie "A Rebel Without a Cause." A couple of scenes in it took me by surprize - one, was the student body of the high school pausing, and facing as the flag was raised. Not in today's "what's in it for me?" world. The other was the students stepping around the school's plaque in the sidewalk. Not out of some sort of country pride but respect for the school - something else foreign today. Today's world is void of teaching honor and respect - it is filled with teaching "passing of standardized tests" and whatever it takes to graduate. Do I blame teachers? No. That's because they can only work within the bounds set by the Principle and the school board. Those two are the real blame but, escape it because the public as a whole rarely educates itself of the facts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: