December 12, 2018, 02:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Membership Currently Closed.

Boards Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New (2010) Shakespeare Authorship Offerings  (Read 13558 times)
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« on: March 05, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »

Finally, some Shakepeare Authorship action in 2010!

http://shakespeareoxfordsociety.wordpress.com/2010/02/06/beauclerk-opens-us-book-tour-in-portland-april-10/

New book championing the Earl of Oxford to be launched at the SARC conference in Oregon next month:
http://www.authorshipstudies.org/conference/index.cfm

Other Shakespeare News:
http://www.shakespeareadventure.com/
http://shakespearebyanothername.blogspot.com/
http://politicworm.com/tag/shakespeare-authorship/
http://marlowesghost.com/
http://www.asiaclick.info/news/Shakespeare-authorship-question.html

New Fictional Title:
http://www.librarything.com/work/9533013

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 04:24:33 PM by Chuck-Star » Logged
Truth Seeker

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »

I've been leaning toward the Francis Bacon or a Rosicucian insider club member as the author(s) of Shakespeare.  It would be interesting to attend the conference wouldn't it? Actually I didn't know the subject was being activly debated.
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 02:56:49 AM »

This conference falls into the category of "I'd do anything once".  And for the low, low fee of $95 we could even become bonified Shakespearean truth seekers!

http://www.authorshipstudies.org/databaseSubscriptions.cfm

The "Shakespeare Project" seems to be the thing that held the Elizabethan court together in the final decades of her reign, and proving a brand new adage, "The family that writes together fights whatever".
Yuya Joe College

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »

If an aphorism is a proverb with attitude, then your coined gem:

"The family that writes together fights whatever".

...will live on and thrive in the new digital ecosphere.

True for Abe and Sarah, true for Joseph and Asenath (the El Amarna letters are THE treasure of ancient correspondence; does anybody know of any comparable troves of ancient family communication?), true for Herod's grandkids and great-grandkids and these three families and more (Ezra's era would be a similar scenario) were then the prescient precedents of Shake-A-Spear.

If in the end days all shall be revealed, and they could feel the end of their own era coming, then the release of state secrets disguised as art would both prolong the current reign and also mark the final decades as comparable to the editing and translating of the Septuagint (it is said that seventy also worked on Shakespeare's team), the compiling and editing of the New Testament, and Heaven understand it is not I making this last comparison, as the mission of the day would have made such overreaching seem feasible, and their output would be related even to the Torah as compiled by Ezra and carried forth unto this day. The series was meant as an era marker and a world changer, and a new way to spread literacy initiated by the wider people of the book, and that includes the Judaic world, European Aristocracy, enlightened Christian leaders and indeed those of all faiths globally who embrace universal concepts, such as liberty, justice, and dignity. 

So though we hold these works in high esteem in the 21st Century, their royal creators may have hoped for even bigger things...and may still see some of those enlightening imagined events unfold in the next few decades, as Guggenheim's movable type breakthrough is magnified by the speed and power of the global village web.
Truth Seeker

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 01:25:43 AM »

Re: Authorship studies. Its interesting that you can pay 95 bucks for a non credited class, but still be a jr. scholar. I wonder if you still have to do any homework?

I'm a little confused as to the "family" in Elizabethan court. Was it a political family, or blood lines you are refering to? Another question, would Sir Walter Religh's book "History of the World" fall into the same kind of story telling? Or maybe a re-telling from a point of political view?
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 03:34:07 AM »

On this night of the Academy Awards, I would be remiss not to recognize the royal family's superb acting abilities.  And, by the way, I was very much surprised that Sandra Bullock didn't thank Kanye West for resisting the urge to snatch away her Oscar and give it to Beyonce!  Seriously, excellence in drama was Job-1 in the royal (and ancient) court.  There was no end to the roles that needed to be played, including pretending not to be a child of the king or queen.  

I'm very much partial to the theory that Queen Elizabeth did have sons, particularly Francis Bacon and the Earl of Essex.  However, since she was never (officially) married, her sons could not be publicly acknowledged as royalty.  Regardless of pedigree, Elizabeth demanded that every high-ranking member of the court produce great literature.  This would seem to have doomed her reign.  How could England survive against its enemies when the court was so preoccupied with drama?  Yet, the incredible literary output of the court, including the Shakespeare plays, turned out to be the ultimate team-building exercise, not only for the court, but for the entire country.

I haven't read Raleigh's "History of the World", but it must have been one of his "other duties as assigned" by the Queen.  Elizabeth's courtiers, as we have discerned, were fanatical students of history, and that was synonymous with royal history.  Elizabeth seemed to be waging war against rival courts in Europe and the Pope by gaining mastery over them in the command of history!  It was a kind of royal voodoo, and it evidently worked to perfection!

The authors of the Shakespeare plays flaunted their knowledge of royal history even as the authors of the Bible did in their time.  Even as they revealed royal secrets, they reconcealed them, and like a time capsule only to be understood in some future generation when people were able to "handle the truth".  Is this that generation?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:44:49 AM by Chuck-Star » Logged
Truth Seeker

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 01:35:50 AM »

Something else that puzzles me is that, if we can look at similar motiefs of the past whether in the Royal families, or ancient kings, where are the dicernable enities of today? If we are the generation that can rediscover "the truth" of all this convoluted history, do we look to the desendants of those royal families? Today we do have the Rockafeller and Carnige types, even the newer Bush and Clinton dynasties. Those groups don't appear to know much or at least they're not telling!

The ones that seem to be "telling the story" in the last hundred years or so (to me anyway) is in the catogory of Science Fiction Writers. The eariler of this group like H.G. Wells and Jules Verne can be linked to knowledge as found in Masonic legacy. Even writers like Tolkin and C.S. Lewis seem to be telling mans history thru an expanded story (Fictional) line. The more modern approach might be someone like George Lucas. I see esoteric understanding in all those writers. Maybe I just read that into their works. What I don't see is any Royal link or family ties between any of them. I know there has been some work done in linking their (modern polititians,writers) ancestry to the old familial lines, but its usually assoiciated with "Christian" finger pointing of supposed evil doing, conjecture at best.  Of course in the genre of science fiction nothing can be taken seriously because its fiction! Just like Shakespere! Right? Or are we all just revsionist heretics?
Ronald L. Hughes

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 02:23:48 AM »

TruthSeeker wrote;

"Or are we all just revsionist heretics?"

I certainly hope so!

There are so  many examples of so called historical events that have been repeated and convoluted for the last 400 or so years that they have been taken as "gospell" no matter how strange they really are!  There is almost no end of them.  Such as "smaller armies" regularly beating larger ones, even if the opposition has a 3 to 10 to one advantage!  And, mentions of "causi bellum", which regularly mentions "women!"  The Trojan war comes to mind.  And even the modern acceptance of a small site in Anatolia which without any real evidence has been accepted as Troy, as presented to us by a "blind" poet, who did not write down his works, and who's works it seems, disappeared for hundreds of years only to be ressurected during the age of "enlightment!"

"Good golly Miss Molly!"  Just what cannot modern historians not stomach?  Oh, how about "hairy legged" female Pharoaohs?  How about the problems with the "Sea Peoples?"  How about Plutarch and Petrach?, or Plato, and Plotinus, etc.?

How many great leaders died after "eating fish?", or died after a woman threw a tile or rock?, or died while "crossing a river?", or were sent to live the rest of their lives in "Monasteries?", etc.!  Men who could pretend to be a woman?  (Achilles)  Women who could pretend to be a man? (Much easier in my opinion), etc.  Blinded Kings, disabled Kings?, etc.?

Much more fiction than fact!

"Most of history is bunk"  Henry Ford
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 02:52:30 AM »

It was surprising to me how much arcane knowledge was put into the Shakespeare plays.  When did the "memory function" of the royal family ultimately fail, or did it really ever?  I suppose a royal "hall of records" could exist, but would it ever be shared with the public.  I doubt it.  We have been able to reverse-engineer most of it anyway, and nobody believes it, so what was the point?  The more astonishing thing is the rise of a new elite, phoenix-style, from the ashes of the old.  If any ancient secrets are still kept, the most valuable would be knowledge of an imminent catastrophe.  As it is said, "good things come to those that wait", and every indication is that resources are currently being locked down in preparation of some "main event".  And if that disaster doesn't come, it may have to be manufactured.  We might very well be part of THAT generation.

Truth Seeker

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 01:44:45 AM »

A songwriter friend of mine once told me, ("If you ever write anything that is truly original, it will surely suck"!) the infrence here is, if there isn't a some familiar theme that a person can identfy with, or at some point "hum along" no one will hear it, it would just seem like noise. The trick is to use what is recognized added with what isn't expected, maybe even in a difference sequence.

In the use of arcane knowledge, themes have been, and continue to be used over and over again in a variey of mediums. The underlying meanings and understandings usually aren't presented and wouldn't be understood if they were. But a glimpse of it facinates and involves a person, especially if put into a "modern context" with current style and personality types. The writers of Shakespeare were quite brilliant at doing just that. Carefully weaving current figures into the classic and historic themes. Where the public gets entertainment, and the initiates get the giggles realizing that the "good stuff" goes right over the publics heads! I suggest that this format has many markers of time (as stated by College Joe above) and has been repeated many times.

At the time of the renissance, these themes were all new again.The general person of the day most likely saw those plays and thought they were original material. It certainly was in a new context. I relate it to the use of dopplets as the online book shows in Old Testament/pharaonic stories. That's also why I see science fiction as the newer medium or context of those stories. Our current public is just about one step short of being in a cultural dark age. A modern person isn't far away from seeing Madonna (the pop star) as the original Aphrodite, and of course Aphrodite wasn't the original! So I feel I must take a stance here...The idea that these concepts started in the middle ages is nievete' They have exisited as long as man can re-member.

Make no mistake about it, there is a New Phoenix being born, and there are those that will put it forth by hook or by crook. The Heretics (gnostics) wouldn't let the ancient teachings go without a fight, they included it within the emerging Christiany, the "new song". Let us open our books and sing...We shall overcome.
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 02:52:33 AM »

Oh yes, the royal family understood the value of traditional forms.  And they knew how to entertain the public.  A double standard (for commoners and royals) was perfectly normal.  Hence, the undying love of double entendre.

Innovation was a bad, bad word.  Only small variations on the tried and true themes were desirable.  Radical change was to be avoided at all costs.  

But, I give some credit to the ancient court.  "Minority reports" were duly noted.  A modicum of dissent was tolerated, at least from fellow royals.

Innovation/technology is now considered positive and "knowledge" has increased.  But, what is the risk?  As much as we may resent "The Matrix", if it ever collapses we're all dead meat.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:55:10 AM by Chuck-Star » Logged
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 03:50:26 PM »

Anti-Oxfordians strike back.  Shakespeare's home to be excavated.
http://www.responsesource.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=54572
Truth Seeker

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:34:45 PM »

Maybe I missed something from that last link, but it seems that unearthing Shakespeare's old home will bring just another tourist attraction into the area! For about 30 bucks (U.S.) we can walk along a catwalk and hope to find some 400 years old toilet paper. I have no doubt that there was a (front) man by his name. From the article it seems to me that they might not be asking all the right questions in the search. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 12:27:25 AM »

The Stratfordians (anti-Oxfordians) are the ones most interested in making Shakespeare's home a shrine.  Excavators are probably hoping to find some manuscripts or anything related to the actual creation of the plays.  But there is always the possibility of uncovering things they don't wish to find.
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 04:24:54 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeares-Lost-Kingdom-Shakespeare-Elizabeth/dp/0802119409

http://www.whowroteshakespeare.com/
http://calitreview.com/8283
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: