November 19, 2018, 09:28:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Membership Currently Closed.

Boards Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Website Design! (as of 1/26/10)  (Read 6964 times)
WebDude
Administrator

« on: January 26, 2010, 02:20:21 AM »

I hope you like the new look! It was long overdue from ancient times. The new design has many new features to help get you around the site easier as well as just cleaning up the look.

Some of the new features:

• Site search (not to be confused with the forum search)
  • Printer Friendly pages - just click your browser's print button and the page is automatically formatted for your printer!
  • Email a page link to a friend - uses your email client to so people know it's from you and not a spammer.
  • A few other things too such as this new forum.

Lemme know what ya think unless you hate it - then, complain to Charles Grin
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:00:30 PM by WebDude » Logged
WebDude
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 03:49:38 AM »

A few changes or tweeks will be made over time to this website. The latest is to the book whereas Charts 1, 2, 8, 11 and 13 have been changed from PDF formatted pages to HTML pages. I little nicer look of the same information.
Ronald L. Hughes

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:54:04 PM »

Huh  Charles, as you well know, I am a putz when it comes to anything computer related!  Above me, is a list of things like bold, italic, and about a dozen other icons about which I have no idea at all how to either access of operate!  It seems, your site, like most all others, has effectively denied me any way to reply or add to your posts, etc.

I guess, for the most part, you will have to rely upon computer literate young people for the rest of time? Cry

Rondo

"Most of history is bunk"  Henry Ford
Chuck-Star
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:34:18 AM »

Don't tease me like that Ronbo!
WebDude
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:11:37 PM »

Above me, is a list of things like bold, italic, and about a dozen other icons about which I have no idea at all how to either access of operate!

Just to let ya know, most of the buttons don't do anything. They are just for show. Think of them like the flashing clock on your VCR. Totally useless and forever annoying. As a web designer, I am required, by law, to participate in the conspiracy to alienate any who don't or can't conform to the all-knowing Technologists' plan for the New World Order. In pulling the strings of world leaders, we get all the benefits while receiving none of the blame. Nice arrangement!

I'd say more but I've probably said too much already. Wink
WebDude
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »

Removed the site search box and replaced it with a link in the top site navigation line.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: